Sunday, January 9, 2011

Media Autobiography

The various types of media have definitely formed my life into something much more interesting and feasible, meaning I cannot survive without some of them. The most important to me are books, internet, and radio. Growing up, I have always loved reading stories illustrated by Eric Carle, which descended into the “Goosebumps” series. Now, I enjoy fiction novels that relate to suppression by government, societal issues, war, the Elizabethan era etc. Shakespeare is my genre of choice. I enjoy all books, for they all have something to offer. My favorite literary work is Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. The internet, sadly, is necessary for my sanity. I do use it as a social tool, but more for informative reasons. I always like to read up on the latest significant scientific findings, never-ending articles and blogs on the universe, religious disagreements, and other interesting topics. Yes, I do have a Face Book, but I am not addicted like the rest of the world. As for the radio, I appreciate it when I am driving. It would be so boring to drive in silence. I strictly listen to music only, alternative and rock to be specific. I quite often read magazines and newspapers. I enjoy health, fitness, and women’s magazines which are always laying around my room. I read the newspaper when they are conveniently around me, but don’t go out of my way to pick one up. Usually there are newspapers delivered to my house, so I don’t have to walk very far. Movies and television were a significant part of my life growing up, but due to the lack of free time, I cannot find the time to dedicate to these two forms of media. When I do watch television, I most likely watch the History Channel, Animal Planet, and ABC. My favorite movie is Alfred Hitchcock’s Rear Window. I don’t like watching movies because I end up falling asleep.

My dream career is to be a photo-journalist. The main focus would be animals. National Geographic is an example of a magazine I would like to work for. The ability to observe and capture the essence of wildlife and publish it in a magazine is an ability I hope to one day acquire.

1 comment:

  1. I love movies too, but sometimes find it hard to stay awake when I watch them at home.

    ReplyDelete